Jabber takes the place of your desk set with a softphone application on your mobile or desktop device of your choice. See the many benefits of Jabber Softphone.
Jabber Softphone is already included and active with your deskphone service at no additional cost. Follow the installation instructions below to start utilizing Jabber and its many benefits. Android users may need to submit a ticket to enable the service for use with an Android device.
- University Wide Voice Communicaitons Service
Place & receive calls on your published Harvard phone line on your mobile device or desktop/laptop:
- While in the office, at home, traveling or during office relocations
- While working in flex workspace
- Allows calls to be placed and received on the Harvard network, no cost to the user’s personal devices and home services (Long distance & International calls)
- Continue to utilize published Harvard phone numbers
- Continue to run business operations
- Leverage the University Voice mail and directory dialing
- Service meets the University security standards with Harvard Key and Single sign on (SSO)
- No additional cost, included as part of your voice services today
*For coverage of multi-lines through Jabber Softphone see Jabber Multi-line
Install Jabber Softphone for your windows or mac device. Visit your mobile phone app store to install Jabber Softphone for your mobile device. For schools that do not have access to the HUIT Software Center visit the HUIT Jabber Sharepoint site to download the Jabber Softphone client. (Download Jabber, save to your computer and then install)